Thursday, October 29, 2009

Random Information #1



Glenn Zimmer was gracious enough to stop by and give a demo the other week in his colored pencil techniques. During his discussion he mentioned listening to talk shows while working. He associates certain areas of the artwork with what he was listening to at the time. Rich and I chimed in on some of our own experiences with this phenomenon. Below are some personal favorites of mine...left to right...


-Fat guy in a little coat...scene from "Tommy Boy" and The Preston & Steve Morning Show
-Tori Amos "From the Choirgirl Hotel" cd. (I was just out of college ... okay?!)
-Jack Johnson's "Better Together" and NPR's "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!"

Next entry will be M for ???? Oh...the anticipation.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For real... you forget to mention Preston & Steve?

Unknown said...

Your right! I did listen to P&S. I'll have to make the correction!

Sam said...

Ah that's neat! I tend to do the same thing, haha. Most of my recent work I have Law&Order on in the background so that's the first thing that comes to mind.