Friday, May 11, 2012

Spectrum Live! - Jewelry


Years ago I caught the Etsy bug and started incorporating my artwork onto product based items.  I wanted to keep it homemade and non manufactured so jewelry seemed a step in the right direction.


For Spectrum Live I decided to up the anti and add some earrings to my current pendant collection.  As you can see above I will have a cat and mouse set that can be paired with a cat or mouse pendant.




The process is simple.  I purchase glass discs and the appropriate hardware.  Then I use a non toxic adheasive to glue the print to the back of the glass.  When that dries I then adhere the finding to the back of the print.   

The earrings have a solid metal backing that attaches to the hooks so there is only one adhesive application.



This gives you an idea of size.



I only have a handful of earring sets and pendants but I thought it would be a nice addition to my table.  All jewelry come with a sheer pumpkin colored bag.

Tomorrow - Hygieia


Visit me at Spectrum Live! - Corner Booth 220

No comments: