Saturday, July 14, 2012

Seven Days to Go!

Meet Mac - as ML Jobs

I wanted to create a portrait of Steve Jobs to honor his memory.  He was a brilliant inventor and his work changed the way I illustrate.  If it wasn't for Steve Jobs and his creation of the mac I would not be here typing today.

For those who are PC users Apple names all of their operating systems after wild cats.  I originally wanted to create him as a snow leopard but I felt it only right to portray him as the newest release in mac software...the mountain lion.

While searching for reference I found a gorgeous image on Big Cat Rescue's Facebook page of a mountain lion and when I saw this guys name I laughed out loud.  Mac.  How appropriate.  I guess it must be fate.

Pledge 250 or over and choose from any one of my incentives.  Visit the updates section of my kickstarter to pick your sketch, ML Jobs included.

Please visit and share my kickstarter with your ebook lovin' friends!

No comments: